In The News - Commentary by Kim

My precious Lord and Savior is coming soon and the countdown continues. As I watch the news, it only makes me more and more excited about the imminent return of Jesus Christ. Biblical prophecy, written thousands of years ago, is unfolding right before our eyes and it is an exciting time to be alive. Maranatha!!!!

Love on Israel! Support the Israel Emergency Fund click here
Sha'alu Shalom Yerushalayim! Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

National ID Card a Future Job Requirement?

Mike Madden
Republic Washington Bureau
Jun. 15, 2006 06:09 PM
WASHINGTON - The job application of the future may require showing would-be bosses a new ID card proving prospective employees are who they say they are.

Full article: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0615idcards-ON.html

When I read the news it would almost be laughable if it weren't so tragic how we are unwittingly setting the stage for the coming world leader to take over.

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Rev. 13:17

Now is the National ID card the mark of the beast? Of course not! But how does a man come to be able to prevent people from buying or selling anything unless they have this mark requirement? There has to be some type of system in place which can keep track of who is buying and selling, right?

Well, in the quest for a more "safe" and "peaceful" world, systems are being devised every day to keep track of what we do. Even in stores there are these things called Value Cards that we need in order to take advantage of sales, which keeps track of what we are buying. Some stores ask for our phone number in order to make a purchase. Why? What's the purpose? They claim that the information is used "to be able to better serve our customers." Now, there are shopping surveys which ask questions about age, race, and income which I believe are truly tracking trends among various demographics. However, Value Cards ask personal information such as our address, phone number and employment. I would like to know how knowing that personal information is helping the stores better serve me as a customer. I don't see any personalized services catering to my personal shopping needs when I visit the stores. If they want to better be able to serve me by knowing what my shopping habits are, then I would expect to have my own personal cart waiting at the store for me when I arrive with every item that I need. After all, after all these years of tracking the stores should know when I usually shop, what my favorite brands are, and how often I run out of eggs. In fact, since they seem to need to know my address, then why not a personal delivery to my home?

Now before you think I am just another one of those conspiracy nuts who believes that there is a conspiracy plot behind every bush, I assure you that I am not. I don't believe that there is someone behind the scenes who gathered all of the big chain store executives together in a plot to compile information on citizens. However, I do believe that we are slowly and subtly being conditioned to believe that all these information gathering devices are innocent. It is softening the blow for the acceptance of a coming Global device, without which you cannot own a business to make a living, or buy food to feed your family.

Need my address and work information in order for me to buy a sale item at your store? Sure, no big deal! What does it hurt?

Need a national card to even hold a job? Why not? After all, we already have Social Security numbers for that.

Need a special mark in order to buy or sell? No biggie! We already pretty much have to anyway with all the other cards we hold.

So while we just shrug off yet another omen of future control as nothing, just remember the world will become as described in Revelation 13:17 some kind of way.

4 Comments:

  • At Sunday, June 18, 2006 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Jon said…

    You sound very paranoid to me, stores use the cards to target sales based on customers purchases and not some sinister plot to collect private information and turn it over to the government. Security is a real reason to put safeguards in place to be sure people who are who they say they are. Its funny, I go to a store and I purchase something with a credit card and I am asked for ID to verify that I am using a card that is registered in my name and then I go into another store and they don't even ask for my ID. I ask the cashier why she didn't check and she tells me because too many people complained that they were asked to show ID to verify that they were in fact using their own card, so many store stopped checking. The problem with is that the same people that complain about being asked for ID would be the same people that complain if someone stole their credit card and used it to charge up thousands of dollars od fraudulant charges. Unfortunately because these people complained too much the policy that might have stopped the fraudulant charges was stopped.

    Some times a little security checks can go along ways to keeping us all safer.

     
  • At Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Kim Ferguson said…

    Jon, thanks for replying but you obviously did not read my post very well. I explicitly stated that I did NOT think this was a secret plot of stores to gather information and I never said anything about giving the information to the government. If you take the time to read my whole post, (because you missed the whole point), I said exactly what I think the problem with this is. I said that we are slowly being conditioned to not mind giving information. I also stated that I really didn't see the purpose of giving information like that to the stores. You said that it is to target sales and for security purposes, but they can just look at the receipt records and inventory to see what people are buying. Why do they need to know my address, phone number and work information to know what people are buying? Of course I can understand why IDs are needed when using credit cards sometimes to stop credit card fraud, but what in the world does that have to do with me buying a loaf of bread and a can of soup? They need to make sure that Kim Doe and 123 Main Street in Chicago Illinois, whose phone number is 555-3427 and works at Washington Middle School is really the person buying the loaf of bread? It doesn't make any sense and I have yet to hear any logical reason why this information is needed.

     
  • At Monday, June 19, 2006 1:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your comments on my blog :)..
    I'm not sure what to think about the National Id card..but I do agree that we are being conditioned to give out our information freely. I also think that's the deal with the gas prices, but that's a whole 'nother story..
    but I also don't worry about it because I am a Christian and the Bible says all sorts of things will happen before the tribulation.. As long as we are ok with Jesus, that's all that matters.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger KC said…

    It is NOT the mark but part of the whole beast "system"-- the beast as i have come to understand is 666= man, the beast is a system devised by man, =control... the national ID cards, ss #, soon biometric, retina scans, fingerprints, things GOD himself gave us to identify ourselves , that which makes us unique to him and to us... by governemts requiring we give up what GOD has given, they wish to control us. IF we Dont have these Identifiers available on demand we will not be allowed to go forth, with ...( --->insert here<--- ...Job, Shopping, banking, etc...)... That is the beast, & it is growing... and when all borders are done and we fall under the umbrella of a one world governemnt...i.e. "GLOBALISM".....we will all be carrying those identifiers or else we will be either S.O.L. or in the camps.
    I realize this sounds like something out of a horror movie or one of the tribulation force movies, but it is, what it is.....And no I am not paranoid. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home